Skip to main content

Rural Water Supply Guidelines

If your property is on the local water system, it is facilitated by either Georgetown Public Utility District, Bear State Water or the Quintette Water Board. 

For independent water supplies, El Dorado County provides Guidelines for minimum safety standards in regards to fire sprinklers and fire fighting.

On March 23, 2022 The El Dorado County Regional Fire Protection Standard for Water Supplies for Suburban and Rural Fire Fighting was updated.

For more information, please contact the station – call (530) 333-4111.

Download the El Dorado County Rural Water Supply Guidelines

Georgetown Divide Public Utility District Hydrant Locator (Links to site outside of Georgetown Fire Website

Water-Supplies-for-Suburban-and-Rural-Fire-Fighting-20201028-EDCFPO-updated-3-24-2021.pdf (

Join our mailing list